Doyle, Obituary/Death NoticePorter County obituaries and death notices . . . .


Distressing Casualty. -- Mrs. Doyle, and child, were burned to death in Michigan City last week by the inflaming and explosion of a can of burning fluid. Mrs. Doyle, as had been her custom, was pouring some fluid on the wood in the stove, to assist in kindling the fire. Some unextinguished coals inflamed the fluid, which communicated instantly with the can in her hand, exploding it, and firing the child's garments. She rolled the child up in the bed and rushed herself into the street for help, the flames surrounding her and streaming high above her head. Her garments were entirely consumed before help could be given, and her flesh deeply burned. She died in about 6 hours, and her child shortly afterward. Both were buried in the same coffin. She leaves a husband and several small children.
-- Laporte Times.

Newspaper: Practical Observer
Date of Publication: August 3, 1855
Volume Number: 3
Issue Number: 32
Page: 2
Column(s): 2

Key to Newspaper Publication Locations:
    Newspapers Published in Chesterton, Porter County, Indiana
                Chesterton Tribune
                The Tribune
                Westchester Tribune

    Newspapers Published in Valparaiso, Porter County, Indiana
                Porter County Vidette
                Practical Observer
                Valparaiso Practical Observer
                Vidette and Republic
                Western Ranger

The obituaries and death notices appearing on this website have been transcribed exactly as they were originally published in the newspaper. Please note that we do not provide photocopies or digital scans of obituaries and death notices appearing on this website.

Obituary/death notice transcribed by Steven R. Shook


CSS Template by Rambling Soul