Historical Images of Porter County
Pavilion at Long Lake Hotel
Date: Circa 1910
Source Type: Postcard
Publisher, Printer, Photographer: Brooks Photo (#205)
Collection: Steven R. Shook
Remark: As early as 1876, J. Hamell owned the property abutting the northwest corner of Flint Lake and the eastern shore of Long Lake. A resort was located in this area, which also included a natural channel connecting Flint Lake with Long Lake, by the early 1900s. Seen in this image is the beach house at the Long Lake Resort Hotel. An interurban station along the Valparaiso & Northern Railway was located about one block from the beach opposite the Long Lake Resort shoreline. Individuals arriving by train would walk to the beach on the opposite shore and then take a boat across the lake to the resort facilities seen here.
Long Lake Images
Return to Porter County Photographs & Historical Images
Please contact the Porter County GenWeb Coordinator if
you can provide any additional information concerning this image.
Image and related text prepared by Steven R. Shook