Historical Images of Porter County
Methodist Church, Hebron, Indiana
Date: Circa 1910
Source Type: Postcard
Publisher, Printer, Photographer: P. S. & Company
Postmark: September 15, 1911, Valparaiso, Indiana
Collection: Steven R. Shook
Remark: The Methodist Church seen here was dedicated on December 28, 1890, by Reverend Lewis Curtis. The church was erected at a cost of $3,000 and consisted of a 56-foot by 32-foot auditorium and a large connecting Sunday school room. A vestibule was located under the church tower. This church replaced a older one room, frame church measuring on the same site that was constructed in 1859 at a cost of $1,000. The church seen here was greatly expanded and remodeled in 1928 at a cost of $17,500. Another addition to the church took place in 1956 at a cost of $36,000 and included a three story wing.
Return to Porter County Photographs & Historical Images
Please contact the Porter County GenWeb Coordinator if
you can provide any additional information concerning this image.
Image and related text prepared by Steven R. Shook