Historical Images of Porter County



Lenard's Casino -- Beverly Shores, Indiana
Beverly Shores, Indiana


Date: Circa 1940
Source Type: Postcard
Publisher, Printer, Photographer: Unknown
Postmark: Unknown
Collection: Mike Fleming
Remark: Lenard's Casino was located on Lake Front Drive, west of Broadway. Constructed in 1935 by the Beverly Shores Construction Company, the first level at the beach contained lockers and showers. The second level contained inside dining rooms and an outside refreshment stand. The third floor consisted of living quarters. The structure was made of sandstone and sea-green terra cotta with jet black trim and was leased by W. J. McCain of Chicago, Illinois. In 1938, the structure was purchased by Ignatz Lenard (1881-1944), a noted restaurateur who owned the Little Poland Restaurant on 1166 Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Lenard later added a hotel wing consisting of 37 single rooms and two apartments.

Return to Beverly Shores Images Index
Return to Porter County Photographs & Historical Images

Please contact the Porter County GenWeb Coordinator if
you can provide any additional information concerning this image.

Image and related text prepared by Steven R. Shook

 

CSS Template by Rambling Soul